Sunday, December 13, 2015

New England Short Course Meters-12-12/13-2015

This year they held the New England Short Course Meters Championships in Worcester instead of Boston, which made it much more convenient.  I went up for day 2 and day 3 with my friend Paul.  We had 21 members of our CONN club, many of them from Cornerstone.

I swam the 400 Free for the first time and had a great battle with Paul.  We both put in the same estimated time, but while we were in the same heat, we were many lanes apart.  I tried to just swim easy.  I didn't do any flip turns until the last 25.  I glanced across the pool and thought i saw Paul a little ahead of me so I put the burners on.  I came in at 6:37:18, a few seconds ahead of him.

Later I swam the 50 Breast in 45.03, which was two hundredths of a second faster than I swam it there in June.  I saw the 50 fly in 46.75, which is the only time I have done in shorts cource meters, but converted wasn't as fast as my yards time.

I was a little disappointed with my 100 time.  But it was one of the later events I swam so my legs were a bit tired, and I need them in the 100 if I am going to have a good time.

The last event of the day, I swam the 50 free at the end of the 200 medley relay.  My split was 32.29, and we won our relay.

Sunday Paul and I had another titan battle in the 200 Free.  This time we swam side by side, and matched each other stroke for stroke till I pulled away at the end winning by a second.

I scratched from the 100 IM and the 50 Back so i could have strength for my 50 free, and then again in the 50 relay.

I did the individual event in 32.03, which was faster than the 32.06 I swam in June, but slower than my 31.91 SCM record.  In the relay I did 32.24, which was upsetting because I thought I had absolutely killed it.  I had even bought a compresion suit and my coach Galen had suggested I take a breath on the first lap, which I did, which I felt made my finish much stronger than normal, but maybe I was just tired from the two days.

Anyway, it was a great time.

 Here is a team photos of some of us still left around on the last day.









Full results

In the end I scored 38 individual points and the relays I was on scored 64.  Next year, I will try to score more!