Sunday, February 01, 2015

Groundhog Meet 2-1-2015

I have been battling bronchitis, and while I have been getting stronger, i was not at 100% for this first meet of the year.

Here's how I did:


50 Free  29.32, which was just off my PR (29.26), although I know I can go under 29.  I messed up my flip turn, which cost me.

50 Breast- - 41.21 - a second off my best.

100 Free- 1.10.16 - three seconds off my best.  I tried to pace myself and that was a mistake because you can't go slow.

50 Back- 46.02 - almost six seconds off my best.  I swam this almost back to back with another event, and tried to just swim smooth.  Again, in a race, you have to go as fast as possible at the sprint distances.

Overall, I learned a few lessons and can't complain too much knowing I was not at full strength.